We are so excited to post this Halloween DIY tutorial by Amy’s Party Ideas! Amy has such a talent and eye for all things crafty and cool, as evidenced here in her post below and on her blog. Follow her steps to creating a Halloween banner backdrop that will have your guests ‘oohing and ahhing’ at your creative skills. In conjunction with the post, Amy is hosting a Spooktacular Halloween Giveaway, featuring an array of Creative Converting items including the spider web chargers, polka dot baking cups, and mini flag picks featured in her recent Glitterville Halloween Party post – plus everything you need to host a stylish Halloween party!
It’s almost holiday season which means in the near future you’re probably going to start receiving invitations in the mail for all of those get togethers, open houses, and holiday parties! For hosts, all of the preparation that goes into planning a holiday party can become a bit stressful - from creating a guest list and sending the invites, to preparing a menu and decorating the home. Today, I’m going to share a few quick and easy tips on how to you can make it easier on party hosts while being a fabulous holiday party guest.
1. RSVP by Indicated Date – R.S.V.P. stands for “Respondez, s’il vous plait”, which translates to “please respond.” It’s common courtesy to give an answer when an invitation requests an RSVP – and most of the time it takes less couple minutes! This will help the host when he or she is preparing for the party space, food, party favors, and more.
2. Contribute Something – This is my general rule of thumb for any party that you attend, whether a birthday party or some other type of occasion where a gift is appropriate (engagement party, retirement party). If it is not a gift giving occasion, then it is polite to bring either a hostess gift or something to contribute to the party. It doesn’t have to be anything major, but the gesture will be appreciated – a bottle of wine or fresh flowers (try a poinsettia) are usually always welcomed by holiday hosts.
3. Clean up After Yourself – If you’re using a paper plates, napkins, or cups, be sure to help out the host and throw it away when you’re finished. It leaves less of a mess for the host at the end of the evening and is just plain courteous.
4. Don’t Bring a Posse – Unless the host indicates that you are encouraged to bring additional partygoers, don’t bring a slew of additional guests. Keep it to a manageable number – about 2 to 4 – and not 20 of your closest friends, neighbors, co-workers, hair dresser, dog walker, etc. And don’t forget to have your guests contribute as well.
Whether an event with family, friends, or co-workers, follow these simple rules when attending any holiday party and you’re sure to be invited back next year!
Bob recently transferred to our Indianapolis office and we are so happy to have him here! He bellows good morning to everyone he sees and he has treats to share at his desk, both hallmarks of a good co-worker. His career, wrangling disposable party goods at Creative Converting, has so far lasted seven years, starting as a Senior Pricing Analyst and moving to the WalMart team earlier this year. Additionally, Bob has appointed himself the Vice President of Awesomeness in 2011 and serves us well in that position! Please read on to learn more about Bob.
Describe yourself in 140 characters or less.
Is this going on Twitter?
What are 3 things a party needs to be successful?
Describe the best party you’ve ever attended. What made it the best for you?
As a transplant to Indianapolis, the best party that I attended in recent memory was my going away bash. It was a great time with family and friends. One of the highlights of the party was a home-made zip line! Need I say more?
Describe the worst party you’ve ever attended. What made it the worst?
The 1956 Democratic Convention (I’m a time traveler). The problem here was that I couldn’t get back.
How do you spend your free time?
Keeping it real.
If I wasn’t working for Creative Converting in Indianapolis I’d probably be…
Snorkeling the Mississippi – the whole thing, from start to finish (going against the current).
Lightning Round Word Association (first word that comes to your mind).
Party —> time
Snack —> time
Vacation —> time
Cocktail —> time
See why we like him so much?
Pumpkin Bread is a fun fall treat that is sure to warm your tummy and your home, and this unique way of baking makes it all the more delicious. Indulge in the sweet taste and aromas with this super, simple crockpot recipe – just in time for the season! Serve this bread as a fall dessert or snack when entertaining guests at casual fall parties or gatherings. In just a few short steps, you’ll be on your way to treating yourself and friends with a yummy autumn treat. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 can of pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cup of flour (sifted)
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. of nutmeg
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
1. Blend the oil and both of the sugars into a large bowl.
2. Then, stir in the beaten eggs and canned pumpkin. Add remaining dry ingredients. Mix well.
3. Pour the batter into a greased or oiled bread pan. I used a canola oil spray that worked just fine.
4. Add two cups of water to your crockpot and place the pan into a crockpot.
5. Cover the top of the crockpot with eight-ten paper towels to trap condensation and keep the bread from becoming too mushy.
6. Place the crockpot lid on top of the crockpot and bake on high 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
Serve to family and friends on a festive dessert plate or beverage napkin for quick and easy cleanup. I used fall-themed party supplies that were a fun addition when serving my guests!
Recipe taken from: http://www.letsgetcrockin.com/2012/04/crockpot-pumpkin-bread/
Did you know that when entertaining or throwing a party, you should always have twice the number of paper napkins on hand to plates? It may seem like a simple tip, but many people may not know the proper ration of napkins-to-plates when serving guests is 2:1. As a host, having lots of napkins at your special event is also the perfect opportunity for you to incorporate a variety of stylish napkin options that can also work double duty as party décor. Use decorative and solid color paper napkins to accentuate your party theme by choosing coordinating colors or patterns that add detail and design to a dinner table, buffet table, or cocktail bar. Also, don’t forget to throw in a couple of smaller beverage napkins per guest as well if you plan on serving cocktails. It’s always better to be prepared than to have to grab the boring white paper towel roll from the kitchen!
Lastly, if you like to host last minute gatherings like me, it’s always nice to have a box, basket, or cabinet stocked with solid color and patterned paper napkins that you can quickly pull out to mix and match for a variety of occasions. Happy hosting!
We’re thrilled to be spotlighting Koyal Wholesale, an online wholesale party, wedding, and event supply business that has everything you need to make your event extra special, right down to the little details that truly personalize your style. Read about Co-Founder Shreyans Parekh’s favorite holiday, his top selling Creative Converting products, why his business is so unique, and more!
Business Name: Koyal Wholesale
Your Name: Shreyans Parekh
Type of Business: Online Retailer and Wholesaler of Wedding and Special Event Supplies
Headquarters: Corona, CA
1. How and why did you get into the party industry?
Koyal was founded in 2003 by three siblings with the bold vision to revolutionize the wedding and event supplies space with a fully optimized customer experience, comprehensive e-commerce site and world class customer service. There was no company in the industry specializing in all of the above, while integrating unique educational content and a robust social media presence, and we wanted to be true innovators in the space.
2. What is unique about your business as compared to others who sell party and event supplies?
What makes Koyal completely unique when compared to other party goods businesses, is the fact that we pair our comprehensive suite of event decor products with world class customer service and educational tips. When we started in 2003, we decide to tackle one product line – event vases and centerpiece supplies – and slowly integrated other main categories into our product selection to offer one of the world’s most comprehensive selection of event products all in one comprehensive e-commerce site, KoyalWholesale.com. Today we offer wedding and reception decor, event lighting, vases and centerpiece supplies, fabrics and linens, DIY craft supplies and cake, cupcake and candy buffet supplies. Finally, we have heavily invested in recruiting a world class staff, and inspiring our team to operate powered by one single goal: to deliver the best customer service and customer experience possible.
3. What do you love most about your job?
The one thing I love most about my job and the wedding and party goods space, is being able to truly innovative and hear from our most supportive and helpful customers each day about ways to optimize our product selection. By interacting with customers through our social media channels and at shows around the country, we are able to introduce new and innovative event products, and revisit the form and function of these products with the help of valuable feedback.
4. What holiday or occasion do you personally get the most excited about? Why?
The occasion that I get most excited about has to be Memorial Day weekend because it is the official kickoff to summer. Our summer product and promotion planning kicks off early in the year and Memorial Day weekend is the culmination of months of preparation and planning. It is a truly exciting time as we love to introduce new products for birthdays, weddings and beach events each summer.
5. What are your top three most popular items of ours sold on your site?
Our most popular Creative Converting items on Koyal have been the plastic wine glasses and plastic champagne flutes, which customers love to pair when hosting an individual or corporate events. These are also a hit with event planners who love the quality of the product, along with the availability and accessibility of inventory.
6. When you host a party, what kind of host are you typically?
A.) Laid back. I sit back and relax and try to enjoy the party. I don’t take party planning too seriously.
B.) Type A. I’m always running around trying to cater to everyone’s needs. Since I’m in the business, I need my parties to be perfect!
C.) I usually just attend parties.
D.) Other – please explain.
(B) As a party host, I am definitely a Type A organizer and planner. As a manager at Koyal, I am able to delegate responsibilities and project streams to my staff daily, and I’m no different when it comes to hosting a party. Whether I’m personally organizing a party or Koyal is hosting the event, the details make all the difference and it’s important for our guests to have a terrific experience!
7. Name a big trend (or two!) you’ve recently seen in the party industry.
A few large trends I have seen in the party industry recently are a) the introduction of new catering products for mini desserts and tasting & sampling events, and b) comprehensive party kits offering both value and convenience to consumers for a wide spectrum of special events.
8. When throwing a party, what décor items do you always have on hand to dress up a your party space?
When hosting a party, the decor items that I am most likely to keep on hand are our tissue paper pom poms and rose ball pomanders. When I want to add instant bursts of vibrant color, I will add our diamond rhinestone wrap or trim, and when I’m preparing a candy buffet dessert table I will often have mini cupcakes with our innovative wrappers and stands.
Get Social with Koyal Wholesale
Web Address: www.koyalwholesale.com
Decorative paper guest towels are a quick and easy way to dress up your party! Place them in a washroom to instantly add style or use them at each place setting to create a causal elegance at the dining room table or wherever you choose serve your guests. Whether you pick a solid color guest towel or one with a more fashion-forward design, make sure you always have a few packages on hand to pull out for that next get together or impromptu dinner party. It’s an easy solution for entertaining in style! Pictured above, the Whisper Napkin Collection from our trend-forward line of premium paper plates and napkins for everyday celebrations, Elise.
Even though we still have a couple more weeks until fall is officially here (September 22nd), our new Autumn Reverie ensemble has me ready for the colorful leaves and crisp air that the season brings. I am especially excited use autumn party supplies when hosting friends for a fall Wine & Cheese Night – one of my favorite parties to throw because it’s so easy and you never need a reason to get together with friends to sip wine. So, what are you…are you ready for the season or are you still trying to hang on to the last few days of summer?
Autumn is approaching and the outdoors will soon give you all the color inspiration you need to create a festive fall party scene. Many times, these decorative items found in Mother Nature are right in your very own backyard – all you have to do is simply gather the goods! If you don’t have a yard, just head to the nearest park where your options will be endless. Earth tones like oranges, browns, reds, yellows, and golds, found in leaves, berries, nuts and twigs, can create a centerpiece, dress up your food presentation, or even spruce up a fireplace mantle. If you’re willing to spend a little money, head to a local farmer’s market to pick up seasonal, ornamental foods like mini pumpkins, gourds, and apples to continue with the nature-inspired theme. If you want to have a monochromatic theme, choose like colors to create an elegant tablescape – or pick up bright yellows, oranges, and reds to create a more vibrant scene. Either way, bringing organic items to your party decor is an authentic and fun way to celebrate the autumn season and all of its amazing hues. Here are three simple ways to incorporate nature in your tablescape.
1. To Use as a Centerpiece – Place your items in glass vases or hurricane jars, all in varying in sizes to add dimension to your table. Try three vases and use one item type in each, for example; walnuts piled in one, mini pumpkins stacked in another, and colorful leaves placed in the third.
2. To Decorate a Boring Buffet Table – Scatter leaves, nuts, and other items found in nature like confetti on your table runner or to surrounding serving platters on your buffet table. Remember, it doesn’t have to be perfect…just have fun with it!
3. To Give Detail to a Placesetting – To add special detail to more formal dining place settings, tuck a vibrant leaf or two under your napkin ring. Or, use pine cone as place card holders. These extra fun details will be notice by your guests!
If you’re hosting several guests and you want to take your entertaining a step future, use fall party supplies with classic autumn patterns found in nature, or even purchase fall party favors that will leave your guests feeling extra special.
We’re so excited to unveil our September wallpapers! This pattern is taken from a stylish napkin found in our Weathered Collection from our Elise Entertains brand of entertaining products. The inspiration for the collection is taken from the warm, rich color palette that fall brings. The collection, and this particular pattern, reminds us of beautiful leaf-covered landscapes that begin to appear in the month of September. See the links below to save the new monthly wallpaper designs to your desktop, iPhone, or iPad.